7.14.2006

Raised on the Radio

So the day before I leave Florida, Sara calls me from an after work happy hour thing.

-Guess what?!

-What?

-I just won tickets to JOURNEY and DEF LEPPARD!

After much laughing...

-They're in town?

-Yep! And we're so going!

-Well, how can we not? I mean it's JOURNEY and DEF LEPPARD!! Didn't you and Jess just see Journey with NotStevePerry recently?

-Totally and NonStevePerry rocked! I LOVE NotStevePerry! He looks and sings just like RegularStevePerry except he's in the band!

-Awesome. Isn't that weird how I was just telling you how I heard that "now it's your turn girl to cry! nah nah nah nah nah" song and we were trying to remember the lyrics?

-Yeah. Do you think OneArmDrummer is still in Def Leppard?

-We'll he better be!

We had dinner plans with friends so we arrived late, figuring we'd miss most of Def Leppard and be there right in time for NotStevePerry. We parked at the Hard Rock Hotel and took the shuttle over to the amphitheatre and chatted with the driver.

-Has Journey come on yet?

-I think they're done. Def Leppard should be coming up now.

-Wait. What? Journey with NotStevePerry is OPENING for Def Leppard??

-Yep. They've got a new singer too.

-Different from last year?

-Yep.

-NotStevePerry Two? StevePerry 3.0? WTF?

Sara and I were really thrown over the line up. Maybe they just flipped coins or something but we thought Journey would be the headliner. But now that I think about it, there was that whole Def Leppard Summer. Maybe they are a bigger draw. Hmmm. This reminded me of the time I went to a concert where Bad Religion was OPENING for Blink 182. COME ON. I'm still mad about that.

So we missed Journey and saw all of Def Leppard. They still had OneArmDrummer and other than the singer not being able to hit the high notes anymore, they rocked the house. Much better than I expected. They had even aged well.

Sadly, I cannot say the same for the fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home