8.12.2006

Badass

The other day I walked by a pickup truck. It was a work truck for a local electrician or plumber or something. These crazy stickers all over the back of the truck, skulls or flames or flaming skulls or something, caught my eye. I thought, here's an adult male, owns his own business, yet he's got stickers all over the back of his truck. Why? I was stumped for about half a second, then this voice popped into my head. It said: "Because it's badass."

Thus a theory: there is a population of people out there whose life choices, from purchasing decisions to their dogs' names to their personal style have one single criterion: It must be BADASS. For example:

"Hey man, nice tattoo. What is that, a bulldog with overdeveloped biceps?"

"Yep"

"So, are you an ex-Marine?"


"No. Why?"

"Oh, uh, was that a school mascot or something?"

"Nope."

"So you must really like bulldogs."

"Not really."

"Then why, dude?"

"I just thought it was a pretty badass tattoo."

I'm thinking of creating an online collection of all things badass. Feel free to provide comment and photo links to examples of all things badass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home